No weights here as it depends on what quantity of leftover lentils you have. Just bung everything in and it should work. This makes it a useful leftovers recipe, not like that awkward Nigel Slater programme that claimed to use leftovers but in reality continued with his usual style of recipe (admittedly usually lovely) but with some allegedly stale cheese or overripe bananas or whatever. A good leftovers recipe can not be precise.
- Cooked green lentils (I had about 4 portions’ worth, I always cook too many because they are cheap, I love them and the leftovers are versatile)
- Soya mince
- Rye flour
- Heat oven to 200 degrees c, grease a baking sheet.
- Blend half the lentils and leave half whole
- Mix both with a few handfuls of soya mince (mine was straight from the freezer), a beaten egg, lots of fresh or dried oregano and salt and pepper. My lentils were cooked in stock, garlic and chilli so already flavoursome but if yours are plain add some more flavour here.
- Add enough rye flour to enable you to shape into burgers.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning half way through.