- 200g self raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cooking apples (200g when peeled and cored), chopped
- 200g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 3 shakes of cinnamon
- Heat oven to 180 degrees c, grease a 23cm ring tin
- Sieve flour and sugar into a bowl
- Beat the eggs and beat in the sunflower oil
- Add the egg mix to the flour and sugar, add a splash or two of milk to loosen the mixture into a nice cake mix
- Stir in the chopped apple
- Put in the ring tin and bake for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool for ten minutes and then take out of the tin and leave (right way up) on a cooling rack until completely cold.
- Make the icing by beating together the cheese, sugar and cinnamon. I like the flavour of brown sugar but you could also use icing sugar. Chill while waiting for the cake to cool.
- Once the cake is cold, spread with the icing and serve.