Quick to make simple, crunchy biscuits.
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g butter or marge (I used soya marge which is pretty neutral tasting, so oat flavour is prominent, but butter would be delicious)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees c, grease a baking sheet.
- Put the oats in a bowl or jug and use a stick blender to turn into a rough flour. You could just buy oat flour but its insanely expensive and oats are dirty cheap.
- Mix the oats with the sugar and ground almonds.
- Rub the butter or marge into the dry ingredients to make damp crumbs.
- Mould the mixture into rough rounds (or perfect rounds if you wish) and pop on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and then take out of the oven and leave to cool and crisp. They’ll come out of the oven soft but don’t be tempted to bake for longer, they turn crunchy as they cool.