Ok, so I’m not 100% sure of the quantities here as I knocked these up as an afterthought while also making a veggie chilli and waiting for jet-lagged-boy-friend to wake up. But it goes something like this…
1) In a Kenwood or similar machine with a balloon whisk fitting, mix 1 egg, 50ml sunflower oil and 100ml milk.
2) Carry on beating and steadily pour in 200g self raising flour and 100g caster sugar
3) Add the juice of 1 orange (if it’s a massively juicy orange you may need to add more flour but you do want a pretty runny cake mix)
4) Stop whisking and stir in a chopped banana and a handful or two of chopped brazil nuts
5) Dollop into 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray
6) Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins or so
Mine look like this: